Where does time go? The clock just keeps on ticking, stopping for no one.
It’s almost Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Day is a day set aside to stop for a moment to say THANK YOU.
It’s the only time I like to cook. I like being in the kitchen
for five hours basting a pasty-white 15-pound turkey with white wine and butter. Yum. And, patiently waiting for it to turn golden brown is enjoyable. An occasional sip of wine puts me in the mood to let the day decide.
Back in the day, we only had one of our our sons home during Thanksgiving. One son, Christopher, played basketball and he was always away for a tournament. We missed him at the dinner table. However, it was his passion, and he was good at
it. Now, he plays basketball for a living.
This is my thank you list:
1. Thank you for my two boys living far from home and in search of their own path. I am very proud of their independence. My sons live on opposites of the globe from each other. I never thought it would end up like this, but I found out children are like birds. They have to FLY. We have no control over what direction they choose to fly.
THIS IS WHAT I DO KNOW. LIKE OUR CHILDREN, WE HAVE TO MOVE ON.
THEY WANT US TO MOVE FORWARD, AND NOT REMAIN STAGNANT.
2. Thank you for my grandson Napoleon. He is a shiny gem in my life. He is my star in the night. Wow, I sound poetic. What more can I say about him? He is a big, bundle of joy. In other words, he’s porky for a little guy. But as soon as he starts playing soccer, I know he will lose his double chin.
BEING A GRANDPARENT ITS A DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE. YOU CAN’T DESCRIBE IT UNTIL YOU HOLD YOUR OWN.
3. Thank you for the 26th year of my marriage. It’s moving forward in the right direction. This was not the case last year.
Being married this long is so much work.
I ask myself what is the alternative?
Divorce. That’s work, too, and lawyers are so expensive.
Go on eHarmony to find a date? No, thank you!
My husband and I drive each other crazy, but there is love, kindness, and understanding underneath all the craziness.
AND WE ARE BOTH COMMITTED TO OUR MARRIAGE.
4. Thank you for my bible study group that I attend not far from my home. It has given me a place to learn more about my God. I have learned that I can lean on him, surrender all my worries, and trust that his plans are going to be perfect for me.
EACH DAY, I KNOW THAT A HIGHER SPIRIT WILL MOVE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. MY PART IS EASY. IT IS TO KNOW AND ACKNOWLEDGE.
5. Thank you for my health. My eyes are opening up to taking better care of my body. With my vertigo, I was so concerned about driving.
Will I ever be able to drive again? I don’t want to depend on anyone to drive me to Walgreens. I don’t want a dizzy episode on the freeway or getting on an airplane. Can you imagine getting
dizzy and experiencing nausea as the plane ascends to the heavens?
The flight attend would have to give me a tranquilizer large enough to subdue a gorilla.
WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE YOUR HEALTH, YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO BACK TO BED AND CALL IT A DAY.